One of the latest trends we see these days is wearing hair bows. It is a good accessory you can add to any outfit. This is also a good hairstyle for young girls. You can also make it by following a few simple steps.
Steps in Making Cheerleader Hair Bows
1. The first step on how to make hair bows for cheerleaders is getting long ribbons and getting some beads for it.
2. The second step is gluing the beads on the bows.
Steps in Making Felt Hair Bows
1. The first step on how to make hair bows out of felt is preparing the other materials like ribbon, hair band, glue and barrette
2. The second step is tying the felt to make a bow. To make a simple pony bow gather the hair first in the middle part of the ribbon and make one knot so it will stay in place.
3. The third step on how to make hair bows out of felt is creating double loops. You can cross one loop above another one and then continue by pulling it till you get to the top by inserting it to the hole made. Make sure the ends are straight.
How to Make Hair Bows That Curl
1. The first step is collecting different colors of ribbons you would like to use. You should have ribbons with three millimeters in length. You can use longer ribbons for older girls.
2. The second step is getting dowels that are made of wood. The thinner dowels will create smaller curls while thick dowels will create bigger curls.
3. The next step is wrapping the ribbons on the dowel. Secure it by using a hair pin. Then use several dowels so you can work faster. Put the dowels on a baking sheet and heat it up in your oven for two hundred degrees so it will be warmed for at least twenty minutes.
4. The fourth step is removing the ribbons from the dowels and cutting it into four inches each.
5. The fifth step is taking an elastic band and tying them around three pieces of ribbons and secure them into a single knot. Get your glue gun and put some glue on it so it will not get messed up.
6. Continue with the fifth step until you have ten bows on your elastic band. You can then make a headband bow by putting your ribbons on your hairline and tying it in a knot on the sides.