Painted nails can look great even if you are new to doing your own manicures. You don’t have to be a great artist or have any experience in previously painting your nails. Some girls learn basic manicure tips for beginners when they are young, or at least teenagers. Even if you have never painted your nails before, you can still get a beautiful, simple manicure with a little patience.
Using easy-to-follow manicure tips for beginners allows you to become comfortable with the nail painting process and all the options you have, from colors of nail polish to nail adornments and more. If you would like to paint your nails but worry that they’ll end up looking messy, don’t worry. You can always fix the imperfections in your manicures.
Consider these manicure tips for beginners to help you get gorgeous nails in no time.
1. Start with a pedicure for practice. If you are worried about painting with your non-dominant hand (and how your nails will turn out when you do), practice by painting a pedicure first since you get to use the same hand when painting all your toenails.
2. Protect your workspace. Put down some newspaper or paper towels to prevent any nail polish spillage or damage to the table or counter.
3. Take your time. Don’t rush through your manicure. Usually working more slowly allows for greater precision and a cleaner design.
4. Learn the proper techniques for filing nails, trimming nails, and more. Knowing the right way to smooth the tip of your nails can be so valuable. You can also benefit from manicure tips on trim nails so that you face less filing in the long run.
5. Fix smudges easily with nail polish remover on a Q-tip. Just dip the Q-tip in the nail polish remover, squeeze out any excess liquid, and gently remove any nail polish that is out of place.
6. Remove your manicure as needed. You can still show off beautiful nails when you go on vacation, but by the time you get back, your nails might be in sorry shape. Experts in the nail care industry recommend changing your nail polish once every week or as often as needed.
7. Apply a clear topcoat to seal your manicure. You can protect your nails with a topcoat that also extends the lifetime of the manicure.
8. Don’t pick at chipped polish! Instead, use nail polish remover to clear away the old nail polish so you can create a new manicure.
9. Rub moisturizer or hand cream into your nails too. Whenever you apply lotion to your hands or feet, be sure to rub a little extra lotion onto your fingernails and toenails.
10. Don’t expect perfect results right away. One of the most basic manicure tips for beginners is not to expect perfection on the first try. The more you practice your manicures at home, the less of a beginner you will be!
These are just a few tips to get you started on doing your own manicures at home. When you are feeling more confident, you can start to explore the wide world of nail art, nail designs, and cool products for artistic manicures and pedicures.